Do I have a shot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kevbo7289

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a junior in undergrad. at D'Youville college in Buffalo, NY. I am majoring in Biology and have completed the Pre-Dental prereqs. I am in my spring semester of my junior year...I have a 3.4 cum GPA, and a 3.1 science GPA (also, I have a couple withdrawals on my transcript from early in my college career, but have done better since then). It wasnt until this semester that I 100% decided that I want to go all out to try to get into dental school. I am taking DAT courses, doing summer research with my old organic chemistry professor, and observing/volunteering in a dental office. I dont care where I go, I just really want to be a dentist and will go anywhere that I might be accepted. What do you think my chances are, and what schools would you recommend applying to that are in my grade range?

Members don't see this ad.

Usually a 2-3 W's will not hurt you. If it is more than that, schools may question your ability to stick with tougher classes in dental school. It sounds like you're on the right track with observing, volunteering and research. Do well on your DAT and that may help you. Also apply to public schools in your state, in any.