do i have any chances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jorje286

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

im a lebanese student, and im attending fairleigh dickinson university in new jersey. I just began the first semester of my freshmen year, and ive been lately considering doing an md/phd program . The problem is that FDU isnt a really good university, its ranked as a teir 2 in the north by us news. So do you think that this really undermines my chances to get to an md/phd program? Has any1 been accepted into an md/phd program after attending not a really renowned university? And does any1 know FDU, and has any thoughts on the university?

thanks a lot anyways..
byez

Members don't see this ad.

hey ! yeah I think you have a chance, it all depends on your mcat and gpa...and make sure you do lots of research...good luck !

First off MD/PhD programs are primarily designed for students interested in biomedical research--note that biomedical research encompasses a whole array of subjects, from neuroscince to bioinformatics. To be competitive you must do extensive research. As you perform your research, try to be independent, offer creative insights to your mentor on matters concerning your project--this is important as it will help your advisor comment on your knack for creativity in research, however this isn't something that should be forced. Once you think deeply about your work, new insights cannot help but come to you. Have a good GPA (3.8+) and decent MCATs.