Do I have any hope?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sap0219

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
University: University of Georgia
Major: Business
Overall GPA: 2.99 :(
Pre-Req GPA: 3.11 :thumbdown:
GRE: 323; 161:V 162:Q 4.5:W

Extra-Curric: internship at a hospital PT department, mentor, Accounting Chair for UGA Relay for Life, Team Leader for UGA Miracle

Volunteer: 200 hours in various areas of focus (pediatrics, inpatient rehab, ICU, aquatics, outpatient, pulmonary)

My GPA is obviously low. I had fun in college and didn't consider graduate school. Now that I have finished my classes for my business degree I think that physical therapy would be a much better fit for me. My 2.99 GPA is a huge problem because it hinders me from applying to most of the schools.

I want to go to school preferably in Georgia, but definitely in the southeast (I have no idea how to live where there is snow!)

Is there anyone out there that has gotten into a school in or near Georgia with a less than 3.0 GPA? Do I have any hope at all? :scared:

The only places I have found where I even meet the minimums are Nova Southeastern, Mercer, North Georgia College and State (where I have applied and am waiting to hear back, but I don't expect to get in), Bellarmine University, Western Carolina University, and the Medical College of South Carolina.

Has anyone gotten accepted, knows anyone who has been accepted, or has any other suggestions on where to apply with such a low GPA?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Extra-Curric: internship at a hospital PT department, mentor, Accounting Chair for UGA Relay for Life, Team Leader for UGA Miracle

Volunteer: 200 hours in various areas of focus (pediatrics, inpatient rehab, ICU, aquatics, outpatient, pulmonary)

My GPA is obviously low. I had fun in college and didn't consider graduate school. Now that I have finished my classes for my business degree I think that physical therapy would be a much better fit for me. My 2.99 GPA is a huge problem because it hinders me from applying to most of the schools.

I want to go to school preferably in Georgia, but definitely in the southeast (I have no idea how to live where there is snow!)

Is there anyone out there that has gotten into a school in or near Georgia with a less than 3.0 GPA? Do I have any hope at all? :scared:

The only places I have found where I even meet the minimums are Nova Southeastern, Mercer, North Georgia College and State (where I have applied and am waiting to hear back, but I don't expect to get in), Bellarmine University, Western Carolina University, and the Medical College of South Carolina.

Has anyone gotten accepted, knows anyone who has been accepted, or has any other suggestions on where to apply with such a low GPA?

Thanks!

Well You could have a chance with Touro University its in Nevada so not close but no snow. .

Thanks!

Your GRE's may compensate for the low GPA's. It will depend on your essay and other applicable information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take a look at U St. Augustine in Florida. They do not participate in PTCAS - you can find the application on USA's website. It's my understanding that they have a more holistic approach when considering applicants and look at more than just gpa. They have programs starting 3 times a year and they have 2 other campuses (California and Texas). You can apply to one campus or all 3. The program that starts in January tends to be less competitve because they receive fewer applications They also look closely at your last 16 or so credits and like to see an upward trend. Your high GRE's will definitely help and you have good observation hours. Good luck!

I go to Mercer and while my GPA was above a 3.0 (both pre req and cumulative) I think you stand a very good chance because of your GRE and volunteer hours. If you want to know more about mercer you can contact me @ [email protected]

I go to Mercer and while my GPA was above a 3.0 (both pre req and cumulative) I think you stand a very good chance because of your GRE and volunteer hours. If you want to know more about mercer you can contact me @ [email protected]
If you don't mind me asking what we're your GRE scores PTMATTl. I'm applying to Mercer but I'm worried about my GRE scores

I took the old GRE...my score was solid... I think it was like 660 math and 610 verbal and a 4.0 on writing

Thanks I'm applying there but my GRE does not meet the minimum requirements. I plan on retaking it though