Do I have chance for FALL 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qandforever

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear,
My PCAT score is:
Verbal -19%
Biology- 78%
Reading- 24%
Quant- 96%
Chemistry- 99%
Writting 3.0/3.0
My overall GPA is 3.44 and my science GPA is 3.25. I have the bachelor of science from University of Illinois. I will take three-five high level biology classes, and I hope my gpa can be 3.46 - 3.3. Do i have any chance for fall 2009 or should I retake pcat for 90+?
Thanks
 
Dear,
My PCAT score is:
Verbal -19%
Biology- 78%
Reading- 24%
Quant- 96%
Chemistry- 99%
Writting 3.0/3.0
My overall GPA is 3.44 and my science GPA is 3.25. I have the bachelor of science from University of Illinois. I will take three-five high level biology classes, and I hope my gpa can be 3.46 - 3.3. Do i have any chance for fall 2009 or should I retake pcat for 90+?
Thanks

What was your actual composite score?
 
Is English your second language because those were low scores in reading and verbal. Very impressive scores on chemistry and math though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It depends I guess on what school you are referring. But in general, I dont really see why you would ask that with your stats. You have a BS, good GPA, and IMO a great PCAT score. Read through other posts and you will know where you stand.
 
So, what should I do to have more chance? Retake PCAT and take more science classes as post bac?
 
I don't think you really need to take more science classes, your gpa seems fine to me. I would retake the pcat and try to score higher on the verbal and reading since some schools have minimum pcat scores for each section. (btw, I think he's joking 😉)