Do I have chance??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

laurenfiro

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IMG (Ross)
Did all rotation in New York
STEP 1 219/92
STEP 2 CS passed, STEP 2CK 224/95
GPA 3.6
4 research
Excellent LORs
 
agreed. you will have to deal with the bias against IMG/Caribbean status (my wife is a Ross student so I understand), but your scores are fine for path IMO. definitely should apply to lots of programs and if you get any chance to do electives at a program or even spend a few days observing, that can really help you if you are easy to work with and enthusiastic. best of luck!

Jerad
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great! Is Pre-match possible? Any programs anyone knows that do offer.

Most larger academic programs will not offer a pre-match but smaller programs may. You can ask for the prematch after your interview day is over and see what they say. I think with your scores you can get into a academic center university program.
 
Hi laurenfiro,

Im a carib grad who prematched this year. Besides good LORs, you should do a path rotation somewhere. I think the most positive comments I received this year were on the evaluations from my path attendings, LOR from the same, and my scores. I put up a list of IMG friendly programs somewhere on SDN if you are interested.

Be advised though that some programs have a higher cut-offs for board scores than for AMG's.