Do I have to notify the schools I'm sending in another LOR after I submitted secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CloverBale

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Using AMCAS obviously. Do they automatically get it or do they need to update their system? Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

1) they will get it automatically
2) schools may or may not automatically update their system nor can be assured an evaluator will see it before moving you to adcom review
3) Any email you send requesting the school look at this letter or the simple act of having the letter assigned in AMCAS implies that you are requesting your file be removed from completed status, have the letter added, and now put back perhaps at the bottom of the queue. Therefore your application will be considered complete the date the letter is added.
Ahhh, thank you for the response! So should I not bother sending it in? Or just send it in and say nothing? It's just an extra letter

why the late extra letter? who is it from?
The ER physician I've scribed for, he was just being super lazy. It's a long standing extracurricular activity and it would seem shady if I didn't submit something from it , right? I have letters from 2 science faculty, 1 non-science faculty, and my research PI.