Medical Do I need a DIY postbacc for reapplication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty conflicted about how to proceed because I have not had a lot of luck this cycle. My stats are roughly GPA: 3.4 sGPA : 3.2 at an Ivy and MCAT: 516. I have all the clinical and research experience.
My question is would a DIY postbacc be sufficiently helpful for next cycle if this cycle doesnt work out? And does anyone have any suggestions for good programs/online DIY postbaccs? Any guidance would be really appreciated!
You're fine right now for DO; but if you're hoping for MD, then yes, you need to do either a post-bac or SMP.
Read this:

Members don't see this ad.

I did not- do you think DIY is the way to go as I am working full-time, or would it be better to pursue a year-long post-bacc program? Thank you for the quick reply also!
Regardless if it's formal or DIY, you need a year of classes. DIY would give you more flexibility if you're going to try and work as well. Just remember though that you need to crush this post-bac. If you absolutely have to work then ok, otherwise I suggest trying to be a full-time student.

Status
Not open for further replies.