Do I need a retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bambukat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.7 oGPA 3.7 sGPA
Just wrote the DAT today and wanted to gauge my chances
19AA 18BIO 20GC 20OC 18QR 20RC 22PAT
No research but good LOR and ECs

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't retake for this cycle, apply and see. If you don't get in then retake.

Reactions: 2 users
3.7 oGPA 3.7 sGPA
Just wrote the DAT today and wanted to gauge my chances
19AA 18BIO 20GC 20OC 18QR 20RC 22PAT
No research but good LOR and ECs
Congratulations! Your scores are quite good . What is your TS? Where do you go to school and where are you applying? You do have an excellent GPA. I would not think I retake is necessary but again depends on the school you want to attend.

Nancy

I wouldn't retake for this cycle, apply and see. If you don't get in then retake.

Thanks for the feedback!

Congratulations! Your scores are quite good . What is your TS? Where do you go to school and where are you applying? You do have an excellent GPA. I would not think I retake is necessary but again depends on the school you want to attend.

Nancy

Thank-you! TS is 19 and I graduated from a university in Canada. I'd like to go to any big school like Boston, NYU etc

Members don't see this ad :)
It's very close, would love to have seen a 20/20. I would definitely call NYU and BU to discuss you stats, etc. I assume you are Canadian?
Alright I'll give them a call and see what they say! I am Canadian. Thanks again for the feedback

Alright I'll give them a call and see what they say! I am Canadian. Thanks again for the feedback
No problem...if you get feedback perhaps you can post the response on this thread, every little bit of info can help another student going through the process.

Take care

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck! As of now don't, if you don't get in retake it! Your scores are almost identical to how I did the first time around. You have solid GPAs so I think you've got a solid shot

Does anyone really knows what the following email really means? My DAT AA19, Ts 20,PAT21, and my gpa is 3.7? Please let me know if there is any school that i should apply with these statistic?
The admissions committee for the Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine (CDM) has put your application on hold pending possible future interview invitation.

We expect to receive over 3,000 applications for CDM this year. It is very difficult to predict the competitiveness of the applicant pool throughout the interview cycle. CDM plans to begin interviewing applicants in August and finish the interview cycle in early spring. Your application will continue to be presented to the CDM admissions committee and may at some point receive an interview invitation. Your application was deemed to posses enough merit to be held for future review and this should be viewed as a positive result. It is however impossible to predict if or when an interview invitation might be offered.

You may track the receipt of your application materials utilizing our Midwestern University web portal http://online.midwestern.edu. Simply click on the Applicant Account Setup link on the login page and provide the required information to create your account. Any future interview invitation will be quickly conveyed to you via email.

Does anyone really knows what the following email really means? My DAT AA19, Ts 20,PAT21, and my gpa is 3.7? Please let me know if there is any school that i should apply with these statistic?
The admissions committee for the Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine (CDM) has put your application on hold pending possible future interview invitation.

We expect to receive over 3,000 applications for CDM this year. It is very difficult to predict the competitiveness of the applicant pool throughout the interview cycle. CDM plans to begin interviewing applicants in August and finish the interview cycle in early spring. Your application will continue to be presented to the CDM admissions committee and may at some point receive an interview invitation. Your application was deemed to posses enough merit to be held for future review and this should be viewed as a positive result. It is however impossible to predict if or when an interview invitation might be offered.

You may track the receipt of your application materials utilizing our Midwestern University web portal http://online.midwestern.edu. Simply click on the Applicant Account Setup link on the login page and provide the required information to create your account. Any future interview invitation will be quickly conveyed to you via email.
It looks like they're basically saying you're on the interview waitlist, and that it's a good sign