Do I need more clinical hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bored_Conscious

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EY 2022 applicant currently in their gap year. Got a FT job doing research and I'll have around 2,000 hours of research/leadership experience if I have to re-apply.

If I already have around 1800 hours that I got over two years working as a PCT in the ICU, do I need to do additional clinical work/volunteering in the meantime to have a successful re-application? I want to have some time to wind-down after 4-years and don't really have the desire to do additional work outside of my job and non-clinical volunteering/leadership work I'm doing already.

Thanks!
 
EY 2022 applicant currently in their gap year. Got a FT job doing research and I'll have around 2,000 hours of research/leadership experience if I have to re-apply.

If I already have around 1800 hours that I got over two years working as a PCT in the ICU, do I need to do additional clinical work/volunteering in the meantime to have a successful re-application? I want to have some time to wind-down after 4-years and don't really have the desire to do additional work outside of my job and non-clinical volunteering/leadership work I'm doing already.

Thanks!
Your 1800 hours of clinical experience will place you (hours-wise) in the top 10% of applicants at my school. From my perspective, you do not need any more clinical experience, especially since you are already engaging in other non-clinical volunteering and leadership work. Just my thoughts.
 
Your 1800 hours of clinical experience will place you (hours-wise) in the top 10% of applicants at my school. From my perspective, you do not need any more clinical experience, especially since you are already engaging in other non-clinical volunteering and leadership work. Just my thoughts.
I appreciate your input. That's good to know, thank you.