1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Do I need this class to do well on MCAT 2015?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bluepeach9, Aug 25, 2015.

1. bluepeach9

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I've already taken Biochem I…but would you say that I need to take Biochem Lab for the new MCAT??

The class is closed right now, so I'm not sure if I'll even get in. And, also it is not required for my major. My schedule is already kind of swamped with required courses (since I'm graduating this fall), so if I don't absolutely need this lab class to do well on the test, I would prefer not to take it.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. evansh

Medical Student
    I wouldn't think so. All of the biochem research techniques on the MCAT were covered in my lecture. If they weren't in yours, they're very easy to pick up on your own.

4. a_borgia

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

#3 a_borgia, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  5. J Senpai

J Senpai Grab my arm. Other arm. MY other arm.
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Nope, any bio techniques you need to know are covered in your content review books. Ideally, you'd have that background for the exam (my MCAT was super heavy in procedural stuff), but it won't make or break you.