Do I need this lab?

Started by jimkat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jimkat

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had one really bad semester as an undergrad about 10 years ago. Got a D in Physics 2 (good enough to graduate but med schools won't take it). I just retook the lecture part this past spring and got an A. I didn't take the lab because I couldn't squeeze it in. Now I am trying to decide if I really need the lab. I have heard that you can get a waiver from a med school or you can be accepted contingent on taking the lab before you start. I went to the 1st lab class today and it was totally disorganized and I am stuck with some slacker lab partners so I really don't want to take the class if I don't have to. However, if it will make my med school application less competitive I will just deal with it. Any suggestions?
 
As far as I know, you must take the lab portion of all science pre reqs. Yes, you could apply contigent upon having completed the lab prior to actual admission into med school. But, I believe you MUST take all labs.