Do I need to add CASPer to my primary application (AMCAS)?

Started by Andrew2016
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Andrew2016

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am taking the CASPer on June 28, but I want to submit my primary application as soon as it is ready. Do I need to add on my application that I am taking the CASPer, or does the score automatically get sent to schools and filed with my application? Thanks!
 
So I am taking the CASPer on June 28, but I want to submit my primary application as soon as it is ready. Do I need to add on my application that I am taking the CASPer, or does the score automatically get sent to schools and filed with my application? Thanks!
CASPer scores are routed through CASPer directly to your med schools. Look carefully on the list of schools of your CASPer application and choose the schools you will share your score with.
You may submit your AMCAS primary when you are ready.
 
So I am taking the CASPer on June 28, but I want to submit my primary application as soon as it is ready. Do I need to add on my application that I am taking the CASPer, or does the score automatically get sent to schools and filed with my application? Thanks!

Yeap! As indicated by posters above, only some schools need CASPeR. On the CASPeR website, you are able to choose which schools to receive your CASPeR results. CASPeR will send your results to those schools in 3-4 weeks time. Some schools (like Case) will only review your application once CASPeR is received. Others (like West Virginia) do not need CASPeR, but if you are fighting for a waitlist spot, they indicate taking CASPeR will be advantageous. Good luck! My exam is on June 16th.