Do I need to bring a copy of my CV and personal statement to each interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sigma Cronos

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My neighbor, who is applying for aerospace medicine told me that he was going to do that, is everyone supposed to do that as well? I figure if they're interviewing us then they'd at least have their own copy and maybe even read through them once.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I carried a few in my portfolio, "just in case"---but no one ever asked for one.:oops:

Same here. But if you have publications, bring copies. A few people did ask for those when it came up in the interview...

My neighbor, who is applying for aerospace medicine told me that he was going to do that, is everyone supposed to do that as well? I figure if they're interviewing us then they'd at least have their own copy and maybe even read through them once.

If the PD of the program where you are interviewing has any degree of competence, then each of your interviewers will have your entire application (CV, letters, etc) before the interview.

-AT.

i bring them to look over while im waiting, so i can remember what i wrote if anyone asks me anything, as well as it jogs things in my memory when they ask gay questions like "tell me an instance when you've been a leader", and then things on my CV that i just looked over pop into my head.