Do I need to file FAFSA?

Started by OKgirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OKgirl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that my mom makes too much money for me to qualify for any need based financial aid. My EFC is much higher than what my school costs.

My question is, do I need to fill out FAFSA for any merit based financial aid or for the school to have on record?
 
For most schools you need parental information on a FAFSA to get merit based aid. It isn't all, but do it anyway and quit being lazy.

(Most but not all. Why don't you ask your financial aid office?)