May 5, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I took the DAT for the first time yesterday and I wonder with the scores I got, should I retake it?

SGPA: 3.9
Overall GPA:3.7

Biology: 20
GChem: 21
OChem: 18
PAT: 20
QR: 18
RC: 15
TS: 19
AA: 18

English is my second language, I did tons of practices on RC and I was keep getting 16 every time. I know a few schools accept average AA of 18 but what are my chances to get in schools like NSU or LECOM?

Let me know what you think, thank you

Mar 6, 2013
Fhloston Paradise
Status
Dental Student
With your GPA it's likely you have a great shot at getting in SOMEWHERE. If you had a GPA any lower I'd highly recommend a retake. Apply broadly but for the best chances at getting in somewhere of your choice, I'd suggest to hit it again

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Your GPA is very good and your science scores aren't that bad. It's mostly RC that drags you down. You should have an ok chance but if you somehow dont get in this cycle maybe consider a retake.

OP
Ran69
May 5, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Thanks for replies everyone.

I'm going for a retake. For organic Chem, I did Chad's, Destroyer, Bootchamp and I felt the real thing was much harder. What other sources would you recommend for Organic? Orgo as second language, Qvault, or Crack Dat...?

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
QVault and Genius are extra sources you can use. Topscore isn't that bad either.