Do I need to withdraw my app.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heidiho

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
......if I never completed the secondary? I am guessing not, but just want to be correct.

Members don't see this ad.

......if I never completed the secondary? I am guessing not, but just want to be correct.

No, I would think the only time you really need to withdraw your application is if you have an interview scheduled or an acceptance

Members don't see this ad :)

You've essentially "withdrawn" by never completing the application completely. This won't be a problem unless you ever need or want to apply there later.

You've essentially "withdrawn" by never completing the application completely. This won't be a problem unless you ever need or want to apply there later.

So, it would be good to call and "withdraw" if there is a chance you might be applying there in future years?

i actually did send a withdrawal e-mail even to the schools that i never completed the secondary for....i figured they are going to dump all of the incomplete files at the deadline, but maybe i can be one less file to sort through later....my email went something like this:

Dear Office of Admissions,

My name is X and I am an applicant for the D.O. Program as part of the Class of 2014. Due to my acceptance to a medical school close to home I would like to withdraw my application from consideration. Please let me know if I need to take any additional steps such as writing a formal letter to the Admissions Office. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
X

.....it is probably unnecessary but it only took a few minutes so why not?

I actually withdrew by email from a school pre-secondary because they kept emailing me to complete it. I figured I would save us both some hassle.

I would definitely email, call, or write them a letter. I don't honestly know if it'd help you or not, but I can't think of a way where it'd hurt. Basically, in my opinion you never know when you might reapply and if you do it's best to have gone the more formal route at first than to have to explain why you just dropped them.