Do I qualify for in-state tuition and/or in state admissions preference?

Started by docbach14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

docbach14

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am making my school list and want to include Florida schools because my father lives in Florida although I grew up in Indiana (divorced parents). I have spent lots of time in Florida visiting my father. I genuinely could see myself moving to Florida and want to live there.
I found this link below on several Florida medical school websites:


According to state law, I should qualify for in-state tuition.
1009.21(2)(c)
Will I be given in-state admissions preference when applying to Florida medical schools?
Which Florida schools should I apply to? For context, I have a 4.0/517.
 
Will i be given the same in state preference for admissions? And is this something I describe in secondaries or where in my application?
...yes, that's what I said 🙂

You can self-list your state of residence in AMCAS. You can only pick one. Aside from that, schools may ask you questions regarding your residence in the secondaries.