Do I stand a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkshirt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First I wanted to say thank you for everyone's effort for keeping this place up and informing each other about school status updates and so on!

I have a little situation here that I need your advice over it to relieve my stress / stress me out more to get prepared for what will be happening.

I had interviews at NYU, LECOM, DETROIT, Western, and Oklahoma; on dec 2 (up until now) I had NO acceptance, I had wait list on DETROIT, NYU and LECOM, rejected from OKLAHOMA and no news from Western.

I have more interviews at USC and Indiana post january( for Indiana I have slim chances because I am out of state); but I am worried...because even after wait list from my top choices (NYU and Detroit) I almost feel hopeless about even getting ONE acceptance from these schools. I feel like if I were to get accepted to anywhere it would be NYU and Detroit and I have no chances (even post interview ) at other places.

I am trying to look for problems in my app. I talked to Oklahoma dean about it and he gave me some advice for next cycle but nothing a red flag as he said (not in my app/ nor interview). Also english is my second language(not sure if that's relevant or not)

I would appreciate if you guys have any advice.
:luck::):shrug::sick:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I've heard that NYU accepts plenty of international students... and I am pretty sure they burn through their waitlist quickly as they aren't the top choice of many applicants. Plus, add in the fact that they've increased their class size to 300 and you've got a greater chance of being accepted off the waitlist.

Just wait it out. It's still only December. The cycle doesn't end until schools begin their classes. Just keep showing your interest in the schools where you were waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks y3nd0!
I am actually trying to call detroit to show my interest ( I wrote them a letter) and NYU as well!
I am actually domestic (US citizen) but I study in Canada

Thanks y3nd0!
I am actually trying to call detroit to show my interest ( I wrote them a letter) and NYU as well!
I am actually domestic (US citizen) but I study in Canada
Ah, I thought you were international because of your location. :p I still stand by everything else I said though. Good luck!

The fact that you are asking should tell you everything you need to know…...