do i stand a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nmehta211

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just stumbled upon this site and I think it is great. I wish I had discovered this site sooner. I am currently applying to medschools. I graduated from Tufts University with a 3.1 overall and a 3.1 science gpa with degrees in economics and community health. I have a 29 on the MCAT (9V,10P,10B,Q) and have ample research, volunteer, and clinical experiences. My letters of recommendation are solid and I am taking post baccaluareate classes now. unfortunately, i came down with the flue first semester, and as a result, received a 2.7. If I do well this semester, do i stand a chance in being accepted to DO schools on the east coast?

i will cross my fingers.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I thinh you do have a good chance. Your file is a very interesting one. Even though your gpa is a little bit low your mcat's are very good. This post a very intresting question to admission teams "why the disperity". plus all your clinical an extra work would count a lot. In my case i got in in two very good scools (NSU-COM & PCOM)and my files was the opposite of yours very high gpa and average mcat and I made in. So i think that you have a shot. Good luck.

------------------
siul