Do I stand a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hockeytown19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am applying this cycle and was wondering what you think my chances are of landing an interview?
GPA:
3.29cGPA
3.2sGPA
3.2BCP
DAT Scores:
21AA
22TS
19BIO
24GC
22OC
17QR
22RC
21PAT

I graduated in 2009. I am a Michigan resident and I plan on submitting my application this friday, June 3rd. I understand my GPA is low but I struggled my sophomore year due to multiple personal issues but I have shown a strong upward trend into graduation. I have taken several courses since graduating including Biochem(A), Cell bio(A), genetics(B-), Physiology(A) and Physics II(A). I am taking Anatomy, microbiology, organic chemistry lab and physics lab. Next spring I will be taking Histology and endocrinology. I would take more each semester but I work full time and need the income to help my family out. Here is a list of schools I am applying to:
1. UDM
2.UMICH
3.ASDOH
4. MIDWEST AZ and IL
5. WESTERN
6. UOP
7. USC
8. NOVA
9. LOUISVILLE
10. BOSTON
11. TUFTS
12. UNLV
13. NYU
14. TEMPLE
15. PITT
16. VCU
17. MARQUETTE
18. CREIGHTON
19. LOMA LINDA

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good chance, and are wise to continue to take classes.

Thanks for your input. I plan on taking whatever upper biology class I can fit into my schedule. Unfortunately due to my lower stats I have to plan ahead and assume I will be applying next year also so I want to put myself in a better position if it comes down to that. If I 4.0 the classes I am taking the next two semesters then I should be close to a 3.4 in each of the GPAs which will be alot better than my current standing. I am prepared to due whatever it takes to get A's in these classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you seventh day adventist?
I would like to point out that Loma Linda strongly prefers SDA
So other non-SDA students have less chance

I swear I saw your name and wondered if you were from michigan.

Anyways, I think you have a good shot.... 3.2s accross the board with strong DATs....

Your odds are also good at both michigan schools

Indo,
I am non-SDA so it may be a good idea to drop it from my list. Save a bit of money at least.

DW,
Yeah your a Michigan man so you definitely know what hockeytown is lol. I am from Dearborn so I can pretty much say I'm from hockeytown hah. Anyways, I went to the UDM dental workshop and loved the school. I have many family friends who attended dental school at UDM years ago and I would love to go there as well. At this point tho I am hoping I can at least land some interviews so I am crossing my fingers while I continue to boost my GPA. I took your advice and decided to continue with the post-bachelor courses instead of doing a masters program. It was also easier to work around my full time work schedule.

Thanks for your input.