• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Pharmacy Do I still have a chance if I fail a prerequisite course before applying to pharmacy school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Verified Expert
  • Oct 14, 2011
    1. Academic Administration
      It's a straightforward question, I am currently taking physics and I just failed the first exam. If i fail physics, which is a pre-requisite, will it ruin my changes of getting accepted into pharmacy school?

Can you get accepted into pharmacy school with a failed pre-req?
      Sorry if I sound flippant, but it is a prerequisite. You must pass it to give yourself a chance.

Reactions: 1 user

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
      Verified Expert
      15+ Year Member
      Feb 21, 2002
      DC
      1. Pharmacist
      2. Academic Administration
        You have no chance, PharmCAS will automatically reject the application with any failed prerequisite without a passing score.

Subject specific question, are you in the calculus or the algebra version? Usually the first exam is on mechanics (kinematics) and usually it is due to math skills not up to the challenge. If the calculus version, and you can withdraw without taking a Withdraw while Failing, I would do so. If the algebra version, your trig or equation balancing needs work.

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
        Verified Expert
        15+ Year Member
        Feb 21, 2002
        DC
        1. Pharmacist
        2. Academic Administration
          im in the algebra version

Ok, if you choose to withdraw, I'd suggest you work on your trig, but also your problem solving. Unless you're in a major that requires Cal-based Physics, you can defer to take this class later.

Status
          Not open for further replies.