Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

DO Interviews at Allopathic programs

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by DRSTEPHI27, Dec 18, 2005.

1. DRSTEPHI27

DRSTEPHI27 Member
    5+ Year Member

Im currently as MS3 DO student looking to apply to mostly allopathic programs. i was wondering if any of the DO students could post which allopathic programs they have interviewed at what you liked/disliked about them.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. corpsmanUP

corpsmanUP Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

As a DO and having followed this forum for months now, I would say that this year DO's have been invited to nearly every program in the country save Vandy, Carolinas, and maybe Hennepin. You can pretty much get an interview anywhere if you work at it. Do a search of the threads in the sticky about interview invites and see mine, Dr.Mishka's as well.

4. justDOit

justDOit Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I took Steps 1 & 2 of both COMLEX and USMLE and received invitations from:
    VCU
    EVMS
    Utah
    UT-Houston
    UTSW
    OHSU
    St. Lukes/Roosevelt
    SUNY-Stony Brook
    North Shore/NYU
    NY Methodist
    Maimonides
    AE Beth Israel
    Nebraska
    UNC
    Duke
    UMKC

5. Dr.MISHKA D.O.

Dr.MISHKA D.O. Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I appreciate the reference, but I wouldn't necessarily use my interview invites as a guide. I didn't apply to the "biggest name" programs or to that many programs in general, (only 20 allopathic) and I recieved 5 rejections and I have turned down about 5 interviews, cutting the field to the magic 8 (possibly 10 as I haven't heard from two florida programs yet).
    But, every program is a place I and my wife would like to go to (keeping the wife happy has cut out some places for me - something anyone that is married must consider), and I feel confortable that I will match to one of my top three. However, all the programs I am considering are "solid" and I will get great training in my opinion even if they are not those with the "biggest name."

Best Wishes.

The Mish