Do invites still roll in after October?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeurologyHopeful2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys - neither me nor my classmate at a mid-tier MD school have received any interview invites since the past week. Are we basically done for the season or are there another wave coming? I have over 20 invites now but want to now plan some vacation time around these interviews if for certain no more are coming.

Members don't see this ad.

I hadn't received any invites in over 2 weeks but got 1 yesterday. Seems like most programs have sent out invites but maybe if people cancel they'll invite a few more.

20 invites is a ton, you could probably schedule vacations anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
Came across some data on this topic on Reddit but for some reason I can't find the page now. Anyways, about 20% of interviews are sent out in November and beyond.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Some places are later than others. In my limited experience, the first interviews were mostly in the southeast and midwest. Larger cities in the northeast were the last to send invites out, and Boston programs in particular waited to send invites until long after we had written off even bothering with that city (and thus my wife and I declined all interviews there).

Reactions: 1 users