Do Letters have to be "Current"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geese

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, im planning on applying for the 2012 match and I just wanted to know if I should get my LOR's as I go along with rotations or should I come back to the doctor(s) once I'm done everything and its around applying time and then ask for letters?

Pretty much I just to know how recent the letter has to be dated if im applying in September.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, im planning on applying for the 2012 match and I just wanted to know if I should get my LOR's as I go along with rotations or should I come back to the doctor(s) once I'm done everything and its around applying time and then ask for letters?

Pretty much I just to know how recent the letter has to be dated if im applying in September.

Thanks!

You can collect letters as you go along. As long as they are from within the past year or two, you should be fine. (eg., Medical student graduates who take a year off after medical school to complete a MPH are allowed to apply with their "old" medical school letters.)

-AT.