DO LOR / MD programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TXKnight

Better Known as TXK
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I send my extra DO LORs to my MD schools?. My guess is yes. Any of you have experience with this? or some contribution?

Just so you know, to me a physician is a physician, but I'm not an ADCOM. Not sure if they mostly pay attention to MD LORs, like some DO schools do to MD rec's (don't even look at them)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Should I send my extra DO LORs to my MD schools?. My guess is yes. Any of you have experience with this? or some contribution?

Just so you know, to me a physician is a physician, but I'm not an ADCOM. Not sure if they mostly pay attention to MD LORs, like some DO schools do to MD rec's (don't even look at them)

You might want to check with the individual schools regarding the # of letters they accept; some will take only the number they ask for, some will take more but no more than X... but I think a DO letter would just count as medical experience/exposure and should be fine. (My best guess only.)

Sent my DO LOR to MD and I have 2 ii so far. I don't think MD schools care like the DO schools do. Nobody is applying to MD as a backup.

Members don't see this ad :)
[QUOTE=MedPR;13009353]Sent my DO LOR to MD and I have 2 ii so far. I don't think MD schools care like the DO schools do. Nobody is applying to MD as a backup.[/QUOTE]

Well...I am but it is an MD school in Puerto Rico.

Sent my DO LOR to MD and I have 2 ii so far. I don't think MD schools care like the DO schools do. Nobody is applying to MD as a backup.

Well... I am but it is an MD school in Puerto Rico.