Do many quit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agranulocytosis

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, Neurosurgery residency is a living hell that forces some to quit their residency. I was wondering if Orthopedics residency has the same effect on people. Do any of you know people who have quit or if Ortho in general is a residency that makes people give up?

I doubt it, simply because those that match are already hard-working to begin with, but it would be interesting to know.

Members don't see this ad.

As I understand it, Neurosurgery residency is a living hell that forces some to quit their residency. I was wondering if Orthopedics residency has the same effect on people. Do any of you know people who have quit or if Ortho in general is a residency that makes people give up?

I doubt it, simply because those that match are already hard-working to begin with, but it would be interesting to know.

It is very hard, but most of us who go into ortho love it so much it doesn’t matter. I’ve seen residents be fired, but not quit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eek I’m sorry! Didn’t realize. My app shows these posts under most recent for some reason and I don’t check the date…
Well, yours did add to the discussion. Infinitely better than the 12 or 15 year bump for "I agree". Thanks. Thanks for nothing. (Not yours, the dumb ones.)

Reactions: 1 users
Quite the necro bump! :hardy:

I know of one resident who switched to radiology at some point around PGY-2, but don't know details.
Feels like it's been a while since I saw such a necro bump. Used to happen more often. I like there's a warning now asking if you really want to reply to such an old thread.