DO/MBA programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any DO and MBA dual programs?

Any DO schools that have an associated business school, where u may be able to perhaps design ur own program? Or a business school near by?

Members don't see this ad.

NRAI2001 said:
Are there any DO and MBA dual programs?

Any DO schools that have an associated business school, where u may be able to perhaps design ur own program? Or a business school near by?

PCOM has DO/MBA program with st.jose near by

blufox80 said:
PCOM has DO/MBA program with st.jose near by

Cool!!!!!!!

Is it difficult to get into? Do u have to take the GREs?

Do you have a link?

THANKS ALOT.

Members don't see this ad :)
kcumb has a do/mba. you do not need the gmat. and you finish both in a total of 4 yrs. it is from a good school - rockhurst.

downsides: like 20-25000 price tag (total amount for the degree)
you have to spend your 3rd yr in kcmo instead of going elsewhere in the country, which still maybe be ok to you.

espbeliever said:
kcumb has a do/mba. you do not need the gmat. and you finish both in a total of 4 yrs. it is from a good school - rockhurst.

downsides: like 20-25000 price tag (total amount for the degree)
you have to spend your 3rd yr in kcmo instead of going elsewhere in the country, which still maybe be ok to you.

Wow all in 4 years, thats awesome!!!

It must be a lot of work. Do the business classes interfere with the med classes (interferre as in taking up so much time that u don't have proper time to spend with the med classes)? I think most MD/MBA programs are completed in 5 years, so that the business classes don't take up too much time.

NRAI2001 said:
Wow all in 4 years, thats awesome!!!

It must be a lot of work. Do the business classes interfere with the med classes (interferre as in taking up so much time that u don't have proper time to spend with the med classes)? I think most MD/MBA programs are completed in 5 years, so that the business classes don't take up too much time.

from my talkings/understanding, it is not that difficult. the schools and clinical rotations all work together to insure there are no conflicts, and most of the mba is during the summer break... its a regular 1 yr program dissolved into 3 yrs...

espbeliever said:
from my talkings/understanding, it is not that difficult. the schools and clinical rotations all work together to insure there are no conflicts, and most of the mba is during the summer break... its a regular 1 yr program dissolved into 3 yrs...

O ok, that makes more sense. :thumbup:

NRAI2001 said:
Cool!!!!!!!

Is it difficult to get into? Do u have to take the GREs?

Do you have a link?

THANKS ALOT.
If you are in a combined program you DO NOT need ot take the GMAT. Usually they will waive that and allow MCAT's to suffice. I haven't heard of one program that makes you take the GMAT but hey, maybe there are some out there.

Yes, its true about the extra year, but as I said earlier, that is the norm.
If you got it alone it could take 2 years. It all boils down to if you think the extra time is worth it to get the degree. Also if you consider all of the summers you give up for your MBA when you could be doing research or internships and such. Summers ~ 1 year.

BrettBatchelor said:
Yes, its true about the extra year, but as I said earlier, that is the norm.
If you got it alone it could take 2 years. It all boils down to if you think the extra time is worth it to get the degree. Also if you consider all of the summers you give up for your MBA when you could be doing research or internships and such. Summers ~ 1 year.

yea i suppose so. i dunno, somehow it works out :p and your program does look like a good one so who knows...

NSU-COM has....

D.O./M.B.A. (5 years)
D.O./M.P.H. (4 years, and the MPH is free!)
D.O./M.S. in Health Information Systems (5 years?)
D.O./M.Ed. in Health Education (5 years?)

Nova's business school has a pretty good reputation, and has a beautiful new building that opened last year. I don't really know anyone in any of the programs other than MPH, but its definitely worth checking out!

www.nova.edu