1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

do mcat scores go up each year?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by KatieJune, Mar 30, 2004.

1. KatieJune

KatieJune Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

HI

I took the mcat in 2002 and got a 29. Do you think (assuming my knowledge base is exactly the same) I'd get a different score? It just seems the avgs for schools go up every year, so I'm wondering if there's an upward trend in the mcat... thanks!

2. johnnyMD

johnnyMD Membership Revoked
    Removed

n, they dont go up - standardized results. if there is a trend, its that the mcat gets progressively harder each year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pekq

pekq Gunner
    7+ Year Member

MCAT is based on a curve. If avg MCAT scores of med schools go up, it is just a reflection that the pool of applicants are increasing.

4. XCanadianRagwee

XCanadianRagwee Membership Revoked
    Removed

actually MCAT scores do go up...

Two years ago I got an 8,8,n,8. Since I waited two years to apply, those scores are now 10,10,p,10

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. fullefect1

fullefect1 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

???????????

6. ad_sharp

ad_sharp Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Some individual's scores go up, myself included, but I think that the average score stays fairly constant from one administration to the next. I think that MCAT scores have gone up a little in recent years, but it's just a reflection of a better applicant pool.

7. TonyMontana03

TonyMontana03 Medicine Man
    7+ Year Member

fullefect1.... I think the Canadian's being sarcastic.

8+2=10

get it?