Do Med schools accept January MCAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faithcouragehope

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they accept January MCAT scores if you're applying the same cycle year? Ex: take mcat jan 2021, apply for med school 2021? asking because i saw a post somewhere saying january is usually for second time takers and i got confused

Members don't see this ad.

Usually not, but given the COVID situation, that may change. There are still bound to be changes, according to AAMC. With that said, this probably will apply to DO more than MD. Osteopathic med schools are a lot more flexible, in my opinion.

Usually not, but given the COVID situation, that may change. There are still bound to be changes, according to AAMC. With that said, this probably will apply to DO more than MD. Osteopathic med schools are a lot more flexible, in my opinion.

Do you know why this is a thing?

The MD cycle runs earlier than the DO cycle. MD programs also need to decline 80% of applicants preinterview so they have less incentive to be flexible.

Members don't see this ad :)
What [mention]GreenDuck12 [/mention]said.

I will also add that a January MCAT for the same year is simply too late. By that time, you’ll still be working on your primary applications, while the majority of med schools seats are already taken, placing you in a significant disadvantage.

What [mention]GreenDuck12 [/mention]said.

I will also add that a January MCAT for the same year is simply too late. By that time, you’ll still be working on your primary applications, while the majority of med schools seats are already taken, placing you in a significant disadvantage.

i realized I wrote my thread wrong sorry! I met take mcat in january 2021, apply in june 2021 for fall 2022 class