Do med schools holla back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. Donkey

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've sent in several update letters to schools (and one letter of intent), and I address them to the head honcho (usually dean of admissions or whatever). Can I be pretty sure that these letters are actually being read by someone (even if it's not the dean of admissions or counterpart) and getting into my file, or is it possible or even likely that they are piling up in the secretary's trash can?

I've never gotten a "yeah, we got your letter" response, but I wasn't really expecting to anyway. I just want to know if I should be sending letters to multiple different people or letters and duplicate emails, which I haven't been doing so far in interest of not being a pain in the a$$. Comments? Questions? Rhode island is neither a road nor a island, discuss!
 
I'd call the school to verify if the letter has been put in your file. that's the safest bet. HOLLA~