Do TMDSAS schools still screen for secondaries in 2026.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BlackWidow88X

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if TMDSAS schools still screen before sending 2s? I got verified without an MCAT or Casper and got 9 so far. Not complaining, just genuinely curious. I was under the impression most needed an MCAT at least to be considered for a 2.
 
Does anyone know if TMDSAS schools still screen before sending 2s? I got verified without an MCAT or Casper and got 9 so far. Not complaining, just genuinely curious. I was under the impression most needed an MCAT at least to be considered for a 2.
Some TMDSAS schools send a secondary to all who submit a primary application.
They probably haven’t read your application yet to notice you have no MCAT score - or did you have an old score and are waiting on a retake score?
They will not evaluate you for a possible interview until you have at least 1 score on your file.

Don’t forget the extra step of logging in to the MCAT portal and giving permission to release your score to TMDSAS. You can’t do that until your score comes out
 
Some TMDSAS schools send a secondary to all who submit a primary application.
They probably haven’t read your application yet to notice you have no MCAT score - or did you have an old score and are waiting on a retake score?
They will not evaluate you for a possible interview until you have at least 1 score on your file.

Don’t forget the extra step of logging in to the MCAT portal and giving permission to release your score to TMDSAS. You can’t do that until your score comes out
No old MCAT score. I'm a reinvention non-trad if that changes anything. Thanks for the advice! I made absolute sure to check that box.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No old MCAT score. I'm a reinvention non-trad if that changes anything. Thanks for the advice! I made absolute sure to check that box.
Same boat here. I only applied to 4 TMDSAS schools, and 3 of them have sent secondaries w/o an MCAT score or Casper. The one school I really want to go to, naturally, screens for MCAT and GPA before sending a secondary.
At least we know they (or computer programs) are taking a quick look at our apps 🤷‍♀️
 
I think TMDSAS behaves like other central application portals; it can send basic contact information about applicants to individual schools once you pay. The schools' application portals can be set to automatically send more emails to remind you to send your items to complete your file and initiate screening/review. It's similar to what happens when you leave your shopping cart empty on some websites, and you get notifications in your webpage ads, emails, texts, etc. Do you remember undergrad admissions marketing to you? We have lived long enough to know you don't need AI for this.

Remember, admissions offices encourage early submission. Do your best to oblige them.

On the original question: I can't speak for all schools, but every program at least has a checklist for necessary items before they begin screening.