Do med schools know if you VOIDED your MCAT?

Started by GangGreen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GangGreen

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those who took MCAT and voided it, does the voided date show up on your AMCAS?? Just curious. My friend says they do know but it sounds like from SDN that they don't know.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why would anyone void their mcat anyway? Unless you had explosive diarrhea in the middle and left half of it blank, there really is no reason to.
 
Why would anyone void their mcat anyway? Unless you had explosive diarrhea in the middle and left half of it blank, there really is no reason to.

I agree, but head over the the MCAT forums and you would be surprised how many people (SDNer's in fact) do void their test and re-take just a few weeks later for no other reason other than "it seemed hard".
 
Why would anyone void their mcat anyway? Unless you had explosive diarrhea in the middle and left half of it blank, there really is no reason to.

Technically on AMCAS they do ask if you have taken the MCAT more than once and to respond "yes" even if you voided. I actually voided the MCAT because I couldn't sleep the night before, was sick, and couldn't make sense of the verbal section (I remember actually taking off my headphones, which were orange, and saying "Oooh ORANGE").
 
Last edited:
Technically on AMCAS they do ask if you have taken the MCAT more than once and to respond "yes" even if you voided. I actually voided the MCAT because I couldn't sleep the night before, was sick, and couldn't make sense of the verbal section (I remember actually taking off my headphones, which were orange, and saying "Oooh ORANGE").

I'm not sure how many people would say "Yes" if they have one reported score and others voided.

On the other hand, I may have sat next to you when I took my mcat, cuz I swear the person was overly curious about their headphones, and potentially talking to them.
 
No they see no record of it.
00.gif
 
Technically on AMCAS they do ask if you have taken the MCAT more than once and to respond "yes" even if you voided. I actually voided the MCAT because I couldn't sleep the night before, was sick, and couldn't make sense of the verbal section (I remember actually taking off my headphones, which were orange, and saying "Oooh ORANGE").

Meh. I still don't see the point. My best friend that I grew up with and was 800 miles away at the same school as me drove off a bridge and drowned in his car the night before my MCAT. I had other things on my mind as well. My second MCAT had two weeks of mediocre studying and sleep because I was caring for my dying grandmother. (She died the night before that test too) The way one judges how they do and how they actually do are usually not that strong of a relation.