Do med schools require a TOEFL

Started by rockmed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rockmed

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my bachelors from India. I will be doing the pre req's here in US and will take MCAT. While applying to med schools do they require a TOEFL? Am I considered an Intl student? I'm a greencard holder and have been working and living in US for 8 yrs.
 
I have my bachelors from India. I will be doing the pre req's here in US and will take MCAT. While applying to med schools do they require a TOEFL? Am I considered an Intl student? I'm a greencard holder and have been working and living in US for 8 yrs.
My med school requires it of all students whose native language is not English. However, it's listed only under international applicants. When you apply to medical schools via AMCAS, your green card will show and you will likely not be hassled unless you declare your English is a problem. Bottom line: check carefully at each school you apply to. Good luck.
 
I have my bachelors from India. I will be doing the pre req's here in US and will take MCAT. While applying to med schools do they require a TOEFL? Am I considered an Intl student? I'm a greencard holder and have been working and living in US for 8 yrs.

you're not an intl student. You're a permanent resident. No TOEFL needed unless it's obvious you don't understand English (in which case you wouldn't be writing here!)