Do most schools have their interivews during the week?

Started by Dr.iz-n
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr.iz-n

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious because I wanted to know if I will have to request lots of vacation time during the week at my job....Might start to look suspicious if I am taking off once a week for an interview...Are there any saturday dates?
 
so far, all 3 of mine are during the week. I originally thought they'd be weekends, but if you think about it, how many schools are open on the weekends?
 
I did my interview on a saturday, my friend on a tuesday during spring semester...how awfully inconvenient!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year, I scheduled my interview for a Saturday so I wouldn't have to miss school but this year they stopped having them that day. This year there are only Tuesday interviews.
 
Drats! I have an interview invite for USN and you are right--Tuesdays or Thursdays this year!

Last year, I scheduled my interview for a Saturday so I wouldn't have to miss school but this year they stopped having them that day. This year there are only Tuesday interviews.
 
Which would you prefer; a weekday interveiw or a weekend interview? And why?

Definitely on the weekend. I suppose it has its downfalls since many of the facilities will be closed. However, most people are full-time students or work full-time (I am the latter). Changing around my work schedule and finding coverage isn't easy. Plus I don't have anymore vacation time to give-up, so I have to just give up the lost pay. And, as we all know... tech wages aren't all that great... so every little bit counts for me so I can pay my rent/bills lol.
 
Last edited:
Which would you prefer; a weekday interveiw or a weekend interview? And why?

I would definitely prefer a weekend interview. Primarily because it is the least conflicting date with other things that may go on in your life. Also, its nice to avoid the crowded campuses while classes are in session. You will stand out since you will be dressed to impress. If you don't mind this then, meh.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad