Do/mph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Babylo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know DO schools wth d program?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
UNTHSC - TCOM

tcom200901

NSUCOM has the DO/MPH...and its free .doesnt cost any extra tuition

DrMikeyLu said:
NSUCOM has the DO/MPH...and its free .doesnt cost any extra tuition
wow... that's a great deal

to answer the thread... UNECOM does too

I just started a thread like this in the osteopathic forum. I was most interested in the Nova program because as I understand it is free (as someone pointed out) and the students only meet 1x a week AND can be completed in 4 years. Others (like PCOM) you have to do an additional year with 2 summers.

Are there any other programs aside from nova, that can be completed in 4 years?

KCUMB has a DO/MBA program where you receive a Master's in I believe Health Care Leadership. It is completed during your 4 years, but is a joint program through another school so you do have to pay for it.

Im not sure why you would want an MPH. I have one. Its worthless.

Buckeye(OH) said:
Im not sure why you would want an MPH. I have one. Its worthless.

Do you think it is beneficial when you apply for residencies? (Obviously not by the sound of your answer...) But I guess my question is why don't you think it is helpful? I would think that it would be even more beneficial as a supplement to a DO program because of the emphasis on preventitive medicine, etc...

I dont know about applying to residencies. There are two reasons I have mine. ONe, I didnt know if I wanted to go to med school or law school. So, instead, I went to grad school in something that I thought could eventually be useful in either field. The second reason is because it was free AND I got a stipend for doing it (from the institution).

Maybe part of the reason i feel like its worthless is because I went straight from there into med school so Ive had little chance to see its worth in the work force or the opportunities that it may afford me.

As for now, its worthless.