do non prereq cc classes count?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prodigiousflame

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's say I received a poor GPA my junior and senior year at a University and decided to attend a CC to take prereqs as well as related courses to boost my overall GPA. If I'm trying to target schools that only look at last sixty...would they stop at my Bachelors/prereqs? Or would they count my post bachelor non prereq CC classes towards my last sixty because they're the last courses I have taken? Has anyone been in this position? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Let's say I received a poor GPA my junior and senior year at a University and decided to attend a CC to take prereqs as well as related courses to boost my overall GPA. If I'm trying to target schools that only look at last sixty...would they stop at my Bachelors/prereqs? Or would they count my post bachelor non prereq CC classes towards my last sixty because they're the last courses I have taken? Has anyone been in this position? Thank you

Depends on the individual school.

I took a bunch of non-prereq courses at a CC after graduating, and these were all counted in both my cumulative GPA and my last 60 units GPA by PTCAS and by the schools I applied to. My last 60 units GPA ended up being mostly made up by these CC courses.

Members don't see this ad :)
On a related note, if I have taken a class for fun at a community college, such as an art class, and received a B in that class, do I have to send my transcripts from that community college?

The class is not a prerequisite, but it does show on my university transcript (I took the class in high school).

Yes you would. Every grade from every college attended.