do non prereq cc classes count?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

prodigiousflame

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Let's say I received a poor GPA my junior and senior year at a University and decided to attend a CC to take prereqs as well as related courses to boost my overall GPA. If I'm trying to target schools that only look at last sixty...would they stop at my Bachelors/prereqs? Or would they count my post bachelor non prereq CC classes towards my last sixty because they're the last courses I have taken? Has anyone been in this position? Thank you
 
Let's say I received a poor GPA my junior and senior year at a University and decided to attend a CC to take prereqs as well as related courses to boost my overall GPA. If I'm trying to target schools that only look at last sixty...would they stop at my Bachelors/prereqs? Or would they count my post bachelor non prereq CC classes towards my last sixty because they're the last courses I have taken? Has anyone been in this position? Thank you

Depends on the individual school.
 
Let's say I received a poor GPA my junior and senior year at a University and decided to attend a CC to take prereqs as well as related courses to boost my overall GPA. If I'm trying to target schools that only look at last sixty...would they stop at my Bachelors/prereqs? Or would they count my post bachelor non prereq CC classes towards my last sixty because they're the last courses I have taken? Has anyone been in this position? Thank you

I took a bunch of non-prereq courses at a CC after graduating, and these were all counted in both my cumulative GPA and my last 60 units GPA by PTCAS and by the schools I applied to. My last 60 units GPA ended up being mostly made up by these CC courses.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On a related note, if I have taken a class for fun at a community college, such as an art class, and received a B in that class, do I have to send my transcripts from that community college?

The class is not a prerequisite, but it does show on my university transcript (I took the class in high school).