Do not use lu lau!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cnd_sunshine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the WREB on August 10-13, 2012. After having paid $9,500 for patient procurement services and specifying which 2 teeth I wanted to work on, I was extremely upset that I did not get what I paid for.

First, I was never notified as to how I would receive the x-rays and meet with the patients. This caused unnecessary stress in the days leading up to the exam.

Second, after contacting the agency and finally going to the office, I expressed concern several times about the deficient size of the lesion provided. However, both both Lu Lau and Dr. Calvin Lau assured me multiple times that the lesion was not only adequate, but intimated that I was somehow deficient for not seeing it. Considering that I am paying for their expertise as well as the patient procurement - I trusted them.

At the WREB the next day, this same lesion that I was reassured multiple times would be accepted, was instead rejected with a costly pink slip, indicating that treating this lesion would be considered overly aggressive. When informing Lu Lau of this, she suggested 2 alternate lesions, which were approximately the same size as the first and also did not cross the DEJ. If I had submitted either of these or both, there is no question in my mind I would have failed this portion of the exam. Instead, I submitted your third alternative, which was a very difficult and large lesion that not only required many modifications but also a pulp cap.

I went through a significantly more expensive agency such as this one so as to reduce the stress of the day (Western Dental is HALF the price and you also get a 4-day course). That price would have been worth it, if indeed my stress would have been reduced. Instead, their disorganization and poor clinical judgement made the test much more stressful. Also, although I paid a significant extra fee to work on the tooth of my choice, I was not provided with that tooth. Finally, they belittled me, when in fact their clinical judgement was at fault.

When I contacted them to complain about this - they told me tough luck and that it was my fault.

DO NOT GO WITH LU LAU!!!! The people I met who used Western Dental seemed very happy with what they received.

Members don't see this ad.

DO NOT USE WESTERN DENTAL, here is y........

I have been talking to these people for a long time and when its time for my exam, they give such lesions, which were rejected, on the last day when i had to go to their office to pay the fees, they intimidated forcing me to accept what ever lesions ( like MODs and huge lesions ) they could throw at me in the last minute.Over emails, I was promised and received xrays of ideal patients

For all those people who need patients do anything but dnt go to these agencies, dealing with these people has been the worst experience of my life.

I had been contacting Lu La too, she backed out on giving me patients just 5 days before the exam because I refused to pay without looking at the xrays.

LAst but not the least we students are vulnerable before the exams and these predators take advantage of our situations.

I went with Western Dental Consultant / Patient Finding Service for my WREB and I had the same issue with the whole rudeness and intimidation factor. My advice is to make sure you know what you are getting from Gilbert or Fraser because their definition of an ideal lesion is questionable.

I would not recommend Lu Lau. These people caused me nothing but stress. You will not get your lesions until a few days before the exam, despite what they will tell you. Do not count on them being ideal lesions either. These are unethical people who are only out for your money.

Members don't see this ad :)
Horrible, pathetic services.

calvin,Eric and his mother all of them are fraud. It’s a money laundering scheme. I have sued them they have ongoing court case against them for running fraud patient services.

I paid them full money and they did not show up on my exam day with patient. They also refused to pay back my money.

TIP:
Even after reading all reviews you still decided to go with Lu lau make sure do not pay them complete before exam or at the time of signing contract.

pay small amount initially and just before exam pay the rest amount. Let them beg you for money.
If you pay full amount like I did they would not care about your cases.

I had a great experience with Lu Lau. I needed patients for the dental board exam and was looking for a trustworthy company who knew what they were doing. Main points are: 1. They were reliable. They showed up on time with what what discussed and promised. 2. They provided QUALITY patients and back-up patients. They gave me the most ideal case possible. We’re talking IDEAL lesions and IDEAL perio cases that are not too hard but will get accepted by the examiners. 3. Patients already know what to expect when they get there. The patients are well taken care of and they know what their duty is as the patient for this very important exam. 4. If you need an assistant who knows what they’re doing and instruments, they have those too.

calvin,Eric and his mother all of them are fraud. It’s a money laundering scheme. I have sued them they have ongoing court case against them for running fraud patient services.

I paid them full money and they did not show up on my exam day with patient. They also refused to pay back my money.

TIP:
Even after reading all reviews you still decided to go with Lu lau make sure do not pay them complete before exam or at the time of signing contract.

pay small amount initially and just before exam pay the rest amount. Let them beg you for money.
Message From Lu Lau Dental Examination Consultants

Our business organization has operated for nearly thirty years in the facilitation of the examination process for candidates with their dental board exams. The examination process is a difficult journey and it is very common for the stress of the process to cause many candidates to drop out prior to their actual exam date. Because the majority of our business efforts occur in the preparation for the actual exam date our business contract agreements do not provide for refunds of payment for services but instead provides for the rescheduling of our services to a time when the examination candidate is mentally prepared to take the actual exam. As a result of these logical and compassionate business practices several disgruntled examination candidates have published false and derogatory statements about our business. These statements include the false claims of lawsuits against our business for fraud or other causes of action. Again these claims are false and our business has never been sued for any cause of action including fraud. It is also important to note that the recent crisis created by the COVID19 pandemic has led to the postponement of examinations and not to the cancelation of examinations. Our organization is honoring all agreements effected by the postponement of examinations and we shall render our services as soon as these examinations are rescheduled. Our business is acclaimed by the literally thousands of successful exam candidates who are now operating their dental practices in states throughout our nation. We are ready to assist you in the preparation for your examination and look forward to serving you.

Our business organization has operated for nearly thirty years in the facilitation of the examination process for candidates with their dental board exams. The examination process is a difficult journey and it is very common for the stress of the process to cause many candidates to drop out prior to their actual exam date. Because the majority of our business efforts occur in the preparation for the actual exam date our business contract agreements do not provide for refunds of payment for services but instead provides for the rescheduling of our services to a time when the examination candidate is mentally prepared to take the actual exam. As a result of these logical and compassionate business practices several disgruntled examination candidates have published false and derogatory statements about our business. These statements include the false claims of lawsuits against our business for fraud or other causes of action. Again these claims are false and our business has never been sued for any cause of action including fraud. It is also important to note that the recent crisis created by the COVID19 pandemic has led to the postponement of examinations and not to the cancelation of examinations. Our organization is honoring all agreements effected by the postponement of examinations and we shall render our services as soon as these examinations are rescheduled. Our business is acclaimed by the literally thousands of successful exam candidates who are now operating their dental practices in states throughout our nation. We are ready to assist you in the preparation for your examination and look forward to serving you.

TIP: