DO ortho at CCOM Olympia Fields

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

corona 247

SDN Angel
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any postive/negative critiques of the program? Thoughts on exposure to ortho specialties?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I personally haven't rotated through the program, but I have heard from people that did. Most said that the program has solid rotations (northwestern for hand, shriner's for peds) but the base hospital is pretty sketchy. Meaning a below average amount of OR time and the attendings don't care if you are there. OF COURSE, I haven't been there so I could be wrong! I would love if someone has any more info.

In addition, I found this on the aoao website:
ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY PROGRAM DIRECTOR POSITION
Midwestern University Chicago
College of Osteopathic Medicine

Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (CCOM) is currently recruiting a Program Director for the Orthopedic Surgery Residency Training Program. The base training institution is St. James Hospital and Health Centers in Olympia Fields, Illinois with affiliate training sites around the Chicagoland area. Applicants are required to be AOBOS certified in Orthopedic Surgery for a minimum of two years, to have practiced for a minimum of five years, and to be in active practice in Orthopedic Surgery.

For further information please contact
Dr. Isaac Kirstein, Assistant Dean, Postdoctoral Education
708-747-4000, ext. 1337
[email protected].

Don't know how that will effect the program.