• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

DO Ortho

george_joseph

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2006
  1. Medical Student
    Multiple DO Ortho Questions, thanks in advance for the responses. What percentage of applicants matched ortho this year? Are most/all of the programs linked to internship year? What programs should a person try and avoid? What kinds of fellowships are available after a DO ortho residency, do you have to go allopathic, as I haven’t seen any DO? Thanks.

george_joseph

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Feb 19, 2006
    1. Medical Student
      george_joseph said:
      Multiple DO Ortho Questions, thanks in advance for the responses. What percentage of applicants matched ortho this year? Are most/all of the programs linked to internship year? What programs should a person try and avoid? What kinds of fellowships are available after a DO ortho residency, do you have to go allopathic, as I haven’t seen any DO? Thanks.

One more thing: If you do have to go allo, what are your chances of getting in?

Bull's eye

The Gunslinger
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Apr 15, 2002
      Galena, Kansas
      www.ortho4states.com
      1. Attending Physician
        george_joseph said:

1. Not sure. I defer
        2. Not sure on this one either
        3. Most are linked. Not sure which few are not. Last I checked The Cali program was not linked (that was 2 years ago) Dayton, KC, St. Louis, Columbus, Bi-county, Botsford, Genesys, Mt. Clemmons are all linked. Tulsa and OK city were talking about it 2 years ago. Not sure what there status is now.
        4. all of the above programs I mentioned I know people at and they are very happy. It really depends on you and your preferences. Operate vs. didactics one side heavier than the other ect. Rotating at these places is your best bet
        5. All fellowships are available and yes you have to go allopathic, and no you won't have any problem landing a fellowship. may or may not be your first choice (this has nothing to do with being a DO), but you'll get in somewhere.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.