DO Ortho

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

george_joseph

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Multiple DO Ortho Questions, thanks in advance for the responses. What percentage of applicants matched ortho this year? Are most/all of the programs linked to internship year? What programs should a person try and avoid? What kinds of fellowships are available after a DO ortho residency, do you have to go allopathic, as I haven’t seen any DO? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

george_joseph said:
Multiple DO Ortho Questions, thanks in advance for the responses. What percentage of applicants matched ortho this year? Are most/all of the programs linked to internship year? What programs should a person try and avoid? What kinds of fellowships are available after a DO ortho residency, do you have to go allopathic, as I haven’t seen any DO? Thanks.

One more thing: If you do have to go allo, what are your chances of getting in?

george_joseph said:

1. Not sure. I defer
2. Not sure on this one either
3. Most are linked. Not sure which few are not. Last I checked The Cali program was not linked (that was 2 years ago) Dayton, KC, St. Louis, Columbus, Bi-county, Botsford, Genesys, Mt. Clemmons are all linked. Tulsa and OK city were talking about it 2 years ago. Not sure what there status is now.
4. all of the above programs I mentioned I know people at and they are very happy. It really depends on you and your preferences. Operate vs. didactics one side heavier than the other ect. Rotating at these places is your best bet
5. All fellowships are available and yes you have to go allopathic, and no you won't have any problem landing a fellowship. may or may not be your first choice (this has nothing to do with being a DO), but you'll get in somewhere.