• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

DO Orthopedic Away Rotation Updates

JointsMan

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2019
  1. Medical Student
Unfortunately, the orthopedic google sheet is dedicated mainly to MD Orthopedic applicants and programs. Therefore, I am creating this thread to hopefully pool together an updated status on each DO Orthopedic program as it relates to their decision on away rotations at their site.

All I know currently is that Franciscan Health (Olympia Fields) has informed students they are not accepting away rotations for the 2020-2021 academic year.

About the Ads

goneriding

5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2015
  1. Medical Student
For the DO's applying this year, what advice are you being given about doing auditions this Summer/Fall? I have 4 scheduled, and was advised by my Dean to cancel all out of state auditions in order to be in compliance with the AAMC Residency Program Director's consensus statement. I don't have a home program. Will doing an out of state away be held against me as a DO applicant? Should I try to do a virtual audition?

I know with DO programs that if you do not rotate, you do not have much of a shot. Is that going to be the case this year?

LateNightChef

5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2015
  1. Medical Student
For the DO's applying this year, what advice are you being given about doing auditions this Summer/Fall? I have 4 scheduled, and was advised by my Dean to cancel all out of state auditions in order to be in compliance with the AAMC Residency Program Director's consensus statement. I don't have a home program. Will doing an out of state away be held against me as a DO applicant? Should I try to do a virtual audition?

I know with DO programs that if you do not rotate, you do not have much of a shot. Is that going to be the case this year?

Don’t think your dean read the consensus statement correctly, pretty sure if you don’t have a home program (DO or not) you’re good to do aways. I’m at a branch campus of a school that has An affiliated ortho residency and even we are considered an “orphan” school

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.