DO Orthopedic Surgery and National Guard

Started by DrRoast
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrRoast

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering, will being in the national guard on drilling status (one weekend a month, two weeks a year) be looked at unfavorably by residencies and PD's in particular? Said another way, will I be able to match osteopathic orthopedic surgery if I have to drill once a month? I will be non-deployable, so that won't be an issue, I was just wondering if PD's won't look at me b/c they might consider me as a liability b/c I will be unavailable one weekend a month. I guess I don't know how schedules work, maybe residents have at least 1 weekend/month off.