Do pharm schools consider grad school GPAs?

Started by desklamp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

desklamp

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My undergrad GPA was horrible, due to me being stupid. I had taken a year off working in a lab, gotten certified as a pharm tech (though I wasn't able to find a job as one...) and ended up going back to school to get my Masters in Pharmacology. I had a 4.0 the first semester, and a 3.7 cumulative GPA. I know 3.7 isn't that impressive, but I'm wondering if pharm schools will even look at my new grades at all considering the courses I took getting my Masters weren't the required Gen Bio, OChem type classes. They had us take physiology, pharmacology, neuroscience, neuropharm, and biochem/genetics instead, among others.