DO/PHD in PCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beponychick

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I know I posted this threat a while back, but I was curious to see if anyone else out there is interested in the dual DO/PHD in health policy degree from PCOM and if you guys have found out any more info about it. As of right now, I am going to be in PCOM next year, and I just wanted to chat with people who may be in the same program.

Members don't see this ad.

beponychick said:
Hello everyone!

I know I posted this threat a while back, but I was curious to see if anyone else out there is interested in the dual DO/PHD in health policy degree from PCOM and if you guys have found out any more info about it. As of right now, I am going to be in PCOM next year, and I just wanted to chat with people who may be in the same program.

I too am interested in their dual degree programs (moreso to DO/MBA). I'd also like more info from anyone that may know better. Do you start with the second degree during you medical studies?

turkdlit said:
I too am interested in their dual degree programs (moreso to DO/MBA). I'd also like more info from anyone that may know better. Do you start with the second degree during you medical studies?

The DO/MBA program is a five year program where your classes will be intermixed. The MBA is under the accredited St. Joseph's program and you will take classes with their regular MBA students. It is set up the same as the DO/MPH and DO/OMM Fellowship programs. I don't know anything about the DO/PhD program, sorry beponychick :(

Is a program like the do/phd program funded at PCOM? That would be an expensive student loan if not.