Do.phd?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mr hawkings

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there anything in D.O schools similar to the MD-PHD programs in M.D schools? If yes, do they generally have a wide range of research opprtunities?
 
These are the DO/PhD programs I know of. I don't think most of them (if any) are tuition-free + stipend like many of the MD-PhD programs. I know little about research so I won't comment too much on the opportunities available. But some of these programs only have PhD degrees in Biomedical Sciences, others have a variety of fields (e.g., MSUCOM), others have PhD degrees that aren't even in the basic sciences (e.g., PCOM). Hope this helps.

CCOM DO/PhD:
http://www.midwestern.edu/content/pa6.asp

MSUCOM DO/PhD:
http://www.com.msu.edu/mstp/index.html

OSUCOM DO/PhD:
http://www.healthsciences.okstate.edu/biomedical/index.htm

OUCOM DO/PhD:
http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/Admissions/dual-degree-do-phd.htm

PCOM DO/PhD:
http://www.pcom.edu/Academic_Programs/aca_do/Degree_Programs_DO_PhD/degree_programs_do_phd.html

TCOM DO/PhD:
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/dual/default.cfm

UMDNJSOM DO/PhD:
http://som.umdnj.edu/students/combined_degree.htm
 
I've heard that NOVA in FL has decent scientists. A former post-doc in my lab is now there and says they do good work, but he may be biased. He seems genuiniely happy, though, for what it's worth.

-X

Phil Anthropist said:
These are the DO/PhD programs I know of. I don't think most of them (if any) are tuition-free + stipend like many of the MD-PhD programs. I know little about research so I won't comment too much on the opportunities available. But some of these programs only have PhD degrees in Biomedical Sciences, others have a variety of fields (e.g., MSUCOM), others have PhD degrees that aren't even in the basic sciences (e.g., PCOM). Hope this helps.

CCOM DO/PhD:
http://www.midwestern.edu/content/pa6.asp

MSUCOM DO/PhD:
http://www.com.msu.edu/mstp/index.html

OSUCOM DO/PhD:
http://www.healthsciences.okstate.edu/biomedical/index.htm

OUCOM DO/PhD:
http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/Admissions/dual-degree-do-phd.htm

PCOM DO/PhD:
http://www.pcom.edu/Academic_Programs/aca_do/Degree_Programs_DO_PhD/degree_programs_do_phd.html

TCOM DO/PhD:
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/dual/default.cfm

UMDNJSOM DO/PhD:
http://som.umdnj.edu/students/combined_degree.htm