Do Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocRo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm very interested in the DO philosophy and would like to know the credentials necessary to get into DO school. Also, if anyone has any suggestions for the most successful way to go about applying to DO school for a post-bacc student like myself I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

DocRo said:
Hi, I'm very interested in the DO philosophy and would like to know the credentials necessary to get into DO school. Also, if anyone has any suggestions for the most successful way to go about applying to DO school for a post-bacc student like myself I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

same as MD school, but different application

https://aacomas.aacom.org/

DocRo said:

Credentials:

GPA avg 3.4-3.6 MCAT >26
Lots of Life experience with people/community service
Perhaps research
Sincere interest in osteopathic medicine; patient-centered medicine

Apply early!
Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Theres no real cut off point for gpa or mcat. Although I would say a GPA around 3.2 and MCAT around 25-26 would get you in most places.

danwsu said:
Theres no real cut off point for gpa or mcat. Although I would say a GPA around 3.2 and MCAT around 25-26 would get you in most places.

Just like M.D. schools, people with extremely low or extremely high MCAT's and GPA's can get in. To be more competitive, however, you want to have AT LEAST the above stats.