Do SAT's matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lyndsaygirl123

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

I an from Oregon and hope to be a vet. I am graduating high school this year a year early, and will only be seventeen. I don't feel like I'm ready to go to university yet, so I plan on taking my freshman year at community college and transferring to a 4-year once I finish my freshman year. The community college I will be going to has a biology program that will let all my credits transfer to Oregon state. However, my community college does not require SAT's and I don't see any reason to waste money on taking them if I don't need to. But will not taking them affect my chances of getting into vet school at all?