DO School and Anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cfdavid

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be quick. I wanted to know if it would hurt going to a very primary care focused program such as MSU COM, versus another (perhaps not SO primary care oriented) DO program (KCOM, CCOM ?).

Will this matter? I will have some options, I think, as to a few different DO schools, but I'd like to do MSU COM given that I'm in state.

Members don't see this ad.

I would go for the cheap In state tuition.

BadVB750 said:
I would go for the cheap In state tuition.

Yes, that's the plan. But, would such a primary care focused school be a liability in applying to a specialty such as anesthesia? I mean, even their mission statement and US News ranking is based around primary care.

Then again, so are most DO programs, but from what I am reading, it's still quite possible to do a gas residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys, for the great advice. I appreciate it.

I have my MSU COM interview tommorrow, and now I'm even more pumped about it. Wish me luck!

Good luck with your interview. Let us know how it goes.

yeah, you gotta do well on boards. i took both usmle steps and i'm so glad that i did. who cares how much it costs, this is your future. also, doing an anesthesia rotation at the institution you are extremely interested in is MONEY! as long as you're not a tool, you'll make a great impression and that goes a long way. that's my 2 cents for the day.