DO DO SCHOOL FOR ME?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mr. 94 feet.

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am looking for honest advice on my possibilities on getting an acceptance into a DO school. I have been accepted into a DPT program in my state as a back up plan(PT was my first love). Although, after working in an acute care/trauma hospital for the past year and half I have decided to pursue DO school. I will be taking the mcat in the next couple of months and wanted to know what kind of score would consider me competitive and how/what materials should I use to prepare for it? I will be applying for the 2019 cycle b/c I want to give myself proper preparation for the MCAT and have time to strengthen my app.

GPA:
cGPA: 3.5
sGPA:3.66

Extracurricular:
During my undergrad I was a Division I student athlete(Football). I have lots of volunteer hours clinic and outside the clinic, grade school tutor, Bilingual, 2000+ hours working as a rehabilitation technician (hands on patient care), I will be shadowing a DO in the upcoming month and will also be looking to participate in some research.

I am looking for all the honest advice I can get! Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad