DO schools and AP credit for Pre-requisites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baratheonfire

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've found that most DO schools do not list whether or not they take AP's on their websites.
Anyone know where to find this information? Or if you have this information, would you be able to give it to me?

AP Courses I have credit for:
Intro Bio- 4 credits (taken a crap ton of upper levels too though)
Gen Chem- 8 Credits (took 8 credits Orgo after)
Calculus- 8 Credits (Took 8 more credits of math after)
Physics- 8 Credits ( no upper levels)
English- 4 credits (took another 4 credit course at my college)

Members don't see this ad.

Generally speaking AP credits are a no no for mostly all medical schools, regardless of their policy. Some may take AP credits, but they'd almost always rather have a grade given from a degree-granting institution.

To answer your question, if the schools you're interested in don't have them on their websites, it would probably just be best to email/call the office of admissions for each and inquire. Email would probably be a bit less annoying.

Good luck to you OP.

Contact individual schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to 20+ schools and they all took them, with a few mentioning on their websites saying it must have distinction on your transcript. The ones who said specifically on their website that don't are UNECOM, WCU, MSU (for Bio), DMU

I applied to 20+ schools and they all took them, with a few mentioning on their websites saying it must have distinction on your transcript. The ones who said specifically on their website that don't are UNECOM, WCU, MSU (for Bio), DMU
Thanks for the info dude