Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DO Schools and BPCM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Daniel J, May 14, 2002.

1. Daniel J

Daniel J New Member

I heard a rumor that some DO schools only consider the most recent grade for a class taken more than once in calculation of an applicant's BPCM. Can anybody verify this? I'm particularly interested in COMP. Thanks!

DJ

2. algae

algae Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I applied last year and can confirm that AACOMAS only counts the most recent science course into the science gpa. They don't calculate a BCPM though. They calculate a science gpa and a non-science gpa, and then they break the science gpa down further into other categories (like chemistry, biochem, physics etc.).

3. conmantlc

conmantlc Member
    7+ Year Member

They only count the most recent grade, this helped me alot because I initially had a D- in chemistry along time ago, when I took it again I got an A. So thank god for AACOMAS's policy. AMCAS counts both scores.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...